The Corner Shop is a majority woman & minority-owned company and we believe that we must actively accelerate change in the industry by diversifying what happens in front of and behind the camera.
We work to recruit diverse employees, cast and crews, have a clear code of conduct that ensures that everyone involved in a production understands that we work on a basis of mutual respect, have clear channels to allow anyone to notify us of discrimination they may have been subject to, and take responsibility for taking appropriate action where necessary.
This policy provides a framework of equality and fairness, outlining our commitment not to discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, marital status (including civil partnerships), race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
All freelancers and employees working on and off-screen will be engaged on the basis of aptitude and ability and encouraged to develop their full potential.
- Actively seek to increase the number of people we work with who are from groups/communities that are under-represented in the production industry as a whole, or in particular job roles in the industry.
- Actively seek to increase the diversity of our talent networks and review our employment/hiring practices and procedures to help us identify the best talent.
- Advocate opportunities to increase the diversity of casting decisions
- Make reasonable adjustments to enable disabled people to work with our company, both on and off-screen.
- Create an environment in which individual differences and the contributions of all our staff and freelancers are recognized and valued.